Fast on the heels of the murder of seven people in Westmoreland yesterday (Tuesday, May 1) the police have listed several individuals as ‘Wanted’. They are being asked to turn themselves in to the police by 12:00 p.m., Thursday, May 3.
The seven people were killed and 10 others wounded in a series of gun and fire bomb attacks in communities around Grange Hill. Police said the lottery scamming and inter gang feuding were behind the violence.
Listed as ‘Wanted’ are:
- Isaiah Perry otherwise called ‘Matthew Perry’ or ‘Cat’ of Kings Valley, Grange Hill, Westmoreland. He is wanted for shooting.
- Richard Hamilton otherwise called ‘Brutus’ or ‘Mad Move’, 23 years old, of Paul Island district, Grange Hill, Westmoreland. He is of dark complexion, slim build and is wanted for murder other related incidents in the division.
- Haldane Hamilton otherwise called ‘Fishy’ of Paul Island district, Grange Hill, Westmoreland. He is of dark complexion, medium build and about 5 feet 11 inches tall. He is wanted for murder.
- Jeffery Ramdass otherwise called ‘Boogie’ 30-years-old, of Paul Island district, Grange Hill Westmoreland. He’s of dark complexion and slim build and is wanted for murder.
- Burton Shearer otherwise called ‘Bap’, 49-year-old of Church Lincoln district, Grange Hill, Westmoreland. He is of dark complexion, slim build and 5 feet 11 inches tall. He is wanted for murder.
A statement from the police said these men are considered armed and dangerous; as such their whereabouts must be reported to the Police immediately through Crime Stop at 311, 811 or the Police 119 emergency number. Citizens are also being reminded that it is an offence harbour criminals and provide a safe haven for them. Also harbouring criminals places the lives of family and friends at increased risks of attack.