The Meteorological Service has extended:
- A Flash Flood Warning for low-lying and flood-prone areas of eastern parishes (St. Mary, Portland, St. Thomas, Kingston and St. Andrew).
- A Flash Flood Watch for all other parishes.
- Effective until 5:00 p.m. today.
- An area of Low Pressure associated with the Remnants of Isaac continues to produce unstable weather conditions across Jamaica. Satellite imagery and rainfall data indicated that moderate to heavy showers and thunderstorms affected sections of eastern parishes, particularly St. Mary, Portland, St. Thomas, Kingston and St. Andrew last night.
- Outbreaks of showers and thunderstorms, which could be heavy at times, are expected to continue to affect sections of most parishes, especially eastern and northern parishes throughout the day.
- A FLASH FLOOD WARNING means flooding has been reported or will occur shortly. Motorists and pedestrians should not attempt to cross flooded roadways or other low-lying areas as strong currents are likely. Residents in low-lying areas should be on the alert for rising waters and be ready to move quickly to higher ground.
- A FLASH FLOOD WATCH means that flash flooding is possible and residents are advised to take precautionary measures, keep informed by listening to further releases from the Meteorological Service and be ready for quick action if flooding is observed or if a Warning is issued.
The Meteorological Service will continue to monitor the situation.
By Franklin McKnight