FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your Jamaicatoday.com experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
• Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, improving categories, and communicating with you.
• Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Jamaicatoday.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Jamaicatoday.com on other Web sites
• Mobile: When you use your mobile device to access Jamaicatoday.com, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
• E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Jamaicatoday.com if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or click the unsubscribe link in the email received.
What about Cookies?
• Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide features such as personalized recommendations and advertisements.
• Does Jamaicatoday.com share the information it receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries of Jamaicatoday.com, Cool Corporation and other subsidiaries of MZ Holdings, Limited. We may also provide information to the following:
• Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of Jamaicatoday.com customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please notify us at email@example.com
• Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Jamaicatoday.com, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
• Protection of Jamaicatoday.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce legal agreements and standards; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Jamaicatoday.com, our users, or others. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
• With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
• We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
• It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. Signing off requires that you click the button or words that say LOGOUT.
What about Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other Web sites. When you click a Third Party advertisement and are directed to that domain/site, you are no longer governed by Jamaicatoday.com’s privacy notice. You become subject to the Privacy Notice of the Site that you have been transferred to. The act of clicking on the link and all other activities up to but before the point of transfer remains with Jamaicatoday.com and are governed by this Privacy Notice.
What choices Do I Have?
As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to take advantage of such Jamaicatoday.com features as Your Profile.
• If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
• If you do not want us to use personal information that we gather to allow third parties to personalize advertisements we display to you, please send us an email at email@example.com .
• The Help feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit Jamaicatoday.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use document, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the laws of Jamaica. If you have any concern about privacy at Jamaicatoday.com, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and other documents will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.